SPORTS AT OIST
At OIST Sport plays a major part of the curriculum and school life. Sports develop the physical as well as mental strength in students. Daily physical exercise is essential for students because exercise not only helps students to stay healthy, but it also helps improve their emotional fitness. Participating in school Sports increases our students confidence, mental alertness and self-esteem. It also teaches skills such as leadership, patience, sportsmanship and social skills.
The school provides a range of sporting activities both inside and outside the curriculum.
- We are proud to be the only school in Tunis to be accredited with SWIM AMERICA. LINK SWIM AMERICA.
- We have a basketball Court onsite and our team also participate in local matches.
- Our football team practice in a football academy and participate in local games against clubs in the Tunis region.
- Students have the possibility to take horse riding lessons and we have our own horses.
- Outdoor activities
- Game skills and team games
‘Fun Fitness Week’ is an annual event that incorporates school Sports Day and provides an opportunity for children to participate in a range of activities with an emphasis on participation and enjoyment with an element of competition.